An Instagram verification badge is a sign that Instagram has verified that the account is authentic. This badge helps to build trust between businesses and their customers, and it can also help with marketing campaigns. This post will discuss why an Instagram verification badge is important, when you should seek verification, and how you can get your account verified.
What is an Instagram verification badge?
An Instagram verification badge is a blue tick that appears next to an account’s name. This badge indicates that Instagram has verified the account as being authentic. The verification process is designed to help businesses protect their brand on Instagram from impersonation and fake accounts.
Why is an Instagram verification badge necessary?
There are several reasons why an Instagram verification badge is important. First, the badge helps to build trust between businesses and their customers. When people see the verification badge, they know they are interacting with real businesses on Instagram. This can help to increase loyalty and encourage people to buy products or services from the company.
Second, the features that come with verification can help businesses with their marketing campaigns.
For example, verified accounts have access to insights about their followers, which can help them to better target their marketing efforts. Verified accounts also have a higher chance of appearing in search results and the Explore section of Instagram.
What are the Instagram Verification Criteria?
In order to be eligible for verification, your account must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a public account with a profile picture and at least one post.
- Your account must represent a real person, business, or entity.
- Your account must be active and have a consistent posting history.
- You must have a bio that describes your business or entity.
- You must have a website or contact email address listed in your bio.
How to apply for Instagram verification?
If you meet the criteria above, you can submit an application for verification by following these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings, then tap Account.
- Tap Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (e.g. passport, driver’s license, national ID card).
- Tap Send.
If you are not eligible for verification or your request is denied, you can reapply after 30 days.
Why Your Instagram Verification Application Could Be Denied?
There are a few reasons why your Instagram verification application could be denied.
- You may not have a sufficiently large audience or enough engagement on your account.
- Your account may not represent a real person, business, or entity.
- Your account may not be active or have a consistent posting history.
- You may not have a bio that adequately describes your business or entity.
- You may not have a website or contact email address listed in your bio.
If you are denied verification, you can reapply after 30 days.
Instagram verification can be a valuable asset for businesses that use the platform to build their brand and connect with their customers. If you meet the criteria for verification, we encourage you to apply.