When you’re starting or growing a social media marketing agency, one of the most important things you need is a client roster. Without clients, you don’t have a business. It may seem daunting, but luckily there are plenty of ways to go about getting social media clients. In this blog post, we’ll outline how to get social media marketing clients using your current customers and new prospects. Let’s get started!
1- Build an Engaging Social Media Presence
The first step to landing social media clients is building an engaging social media presence. If you want companies to trust you with their social media accounts, you need to show that you know how to handle your own.
Make sure your website is up-to-date and includes information about your services, case studies, testimonials, and contact information. Then, take to social media and start sharing valuable content, engaging with other users, and building a community around your brand.
Not only will a strong social media presence make you more attractive to potential clients, but it will also help you attract organic leads through SEO and lead generation.
- Share valuable, original content
- Engage with other users regularly
- Build a community around your brand
- Make sure your website is up-to-date and includes relevant information
2- Leverage Your Current Customers
Your current customers can be a great source of social media clients. Not only do they already know and trust you, but they’re also likely to have friends or colleagues who could benefit from your services.
There are a few different ways to leverage your current customers to get social media clients:
- Ask for referrals: If you have happy customers, don’t be afraid to ask them to refer you to their friends or colleagues. You can offer a discount or incentive for successful referrals.
- Share case studies and testimonials: Showing potential clients that you’ve had success with other companies in the past is a great way to build trust and land new business. Share case studies and testimonials on your website and social media platforms.
- Partner with other businesses: If you have complementary businesses in your network, consider partnering with them to cross-promote your services. For example, if you’re a social media marketing agency, you could partner with a web design company to offer discounted packages to their clients.
Leveraging your current customers is a great way to get social media clients because you’ve already established a relationship of trust.
3- Connect With New Prospects
Of course, you can’t rely solely on your current customers to grow your social media marketing agency. You also need to connect with new prospects.
There are a few different ways to find potential social media clients:
- Attend industry events: Industry events are a great way to network and connect with potential clients. Attend events that are relevant to your target market and make sure you have plenty of business cards on hand.
- Search online: Use LinkedIn, Google, and other online tools to search for companies that could benefit from your services. Then, reach out and introduce yourself.
When connecting with new prospects, it’s important to be helpful and friendly. Don’t be too pushy or sales-y – you want to build relationships, not turn people off.
4- Follow Up
Once you’ve connected with a potential social media client, it’s important to follow up. Send a personal email or connect with them on social media. If you met them in person, send a handwritten note.
The key is to stay top of mind and make it easy for them to reach out to you when they’re ready to do business.
5- Get Creative
Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative when it comes to finding social media clients. There are endless possibilities – you just need to think outside the box.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Reach out to companies with bad social media presence: If you see a company with a bad social media presence, reach out and offer your help. They’ll be more likely to hire you if they know you can make an impact.
- Look for companies that are undergoing change: Companies that are going through changes – such as rebranding or relaunch – are often in need of social media help. Keep an eye out for these opportunities and reach out to offer your services.
6- Stand Out From the Crowd
Of course, there are a lot of social media marketing agencies out there. So, how can you make sure your agency stands out from the crowd?
Here are a few tips:
- Be different: There’s no need to be like everyone else. Find your niche and focus on what makes your agency unique.
- Be responsive: When a potential client reaches out, respond quickly. Show them that you’re attentive and available.
- Follow-up: After connecting with a potential client, make sure to follow up. A personal touch can go a long way.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to building a strong social media presence that will attract potential clients and set yourself up for success. Do you have any tips for getting social media clients? Share them in the comments below!