You probably saw it many times: Your favorite Instagram post about something interesting ends with a “check the link in the bio.”
This feature is very important, as it helps drive traffic to your website from the platform.
Every social network has a simple way to add a link to your bio/profile. LinkedIn, for instance, lets you connect to your employer’s page. Facebook also lets you tag various people and businesses in your bio. Instagram only allows you to add a link to your bio.
Until recently, you didn’t have much space to brand your profile with other special links. In this blog, we’ll walk you through how to get the most out of your bio link on Instagram.
What does link in bio mean?
“Link in bio” is a call to action that will promote more information outside of Instagram’s parameters. It’s a great way to promote yourself and reach out to potential customers.
In addition to having a profile and a link to your website, Instagram also added a couple of new features that allow users to add more information within their bio.
On social media platforms, a link to the homepage is more than enough. It allows users to share links to specific products and content in your posts.
Instagram used to only let accounts with over 10,000 followers share links through their Stories, those with less than 10,000 followers can only link in their bio. Not ideal for anyone who is still building their following. However, now things have changed. With its new features, Instagram now allows all users to add links to their stories.
How to add a link to your bio ?
- Open your Instagram app
- Go to your profile
- Tap edit your profile at the top of your screen
- Write whatever you want in the description in 150 characters max.
- Link your website: domain.com
- Or add links to other accounts and pages with the @ username
- You can even add your favorite #hashtag
- Click Done.
Lately, Instagram has added a lot of new features, including the ability to connect to other pages you identify with under your profile picture. These new features are only for people who want to connect their profiles to other pages. However, if you’re not happy with how your profile is tagged in others’ bios, you can still untag yourself.
How to use your bio link effectively?
Follow these steps to promote your business on Instagram through links.
- Share a link to a sale or an upcoming discount to attract more customers.
- Hype up a product launch. Take advantage of the event or content to highlight the new product or link to purchase.
- To promote your brand or cause, highlight your brand with an “About” page. A great way to promote your brand or product is by linking to a page where people can learn more about it. This will allow them to quickly discover new products and services.
- Share a link to your best-selling products to attract more followers.
- A link to a popular blog post or article is a great way to highlight the latest content that you’ve published. Many publications highlight the most recent articles they’ve published.
- Get your followers involved with a contest or promotion. These can be effective ways to attract new followers and engage with existing ones.
- Direct people to a video or podcast by linking to it in your bio. This will allow them to reach your media easily through the link in your bio.
- Share a link to a page that allows people to get a free demo or sample of your product. This will become valuable leads.