Yes, this is an issue to this day. Many clients or prospects still ask me if they should start off by buying Instagram followers, and the answer is ALWAYS no!
Though I know that if you’re looking for a quick way to increase your social media following, buying followers on Instagram might seem like an attractive option. In this blog post, we will explore why buying Instagram followers is not worth it and what the repercussions are if you do so!
Why buying Instagram followers is not worth it
There are several reasons why buying Instagram followers is not worth it. Here are a few:
- Your fake followers will not engage with your content. This means that all of your hard work in creating great content will go to waste, as you won’t be reaching any real people who might be interested in buying your product or service.
- Your actual followers might get annoyed with you for buying likes and will stop following you altogether. This means that all of your efforts to build your social media presence are wasted again!
- Instagram is actively working on ways to detect fake accounts, so if they catch wind that you bought them, it’s very likely that your account will be suspended.
- The algorithm that Instagram uses to determine who sees your content is based on engagement. This means that if you have a high number of fake followers, your posts will not reach as many people as they would if you had a smaller number of real followers.
What are the consequences of buying Instagram followers?
If you decide to buy Instagram followers, you should be prepared for the consequences.
- If your account is found buying fake likes, it will most likely get suspended by Instagram’s algorithm. This means that all of your hard work would have been wasted and you’d have to start from scratch!
- The engagement rate on posts with a large number of fake followers is very low. This means that even if your Instagram account is not suspended, you won’t be reaching as many people as those who have a smaller fake follower count.
- If you’re buying likes from a third party website, there’s no guarantee on the quality of the services they provide and it might take them months to deliver on their promise. This means that you’ll be wasting your time and money on something that won’t yield any results.
- The last, and most important reason, is that buying Instagram followers devalues the importance of social media marketing. If everyone starts buying fake followers, real people will lose interest in following accounts that have little to no engagement. This will lead to a decrease in the overall effectiveness of social media marketing.
In conclusion, buying Instagram followers is not worth it. It’s a waste of time and money, and you might end up getting your account suspended if you’re caught buying fake likes. The best way to grow your following on Instagram is by creating great content that people will want to engage with. If you’re having trouble creating your Instagram marketing strategy then hit us up to get you started.